Actor Name: Hayden Panettiere
Alternate Names: Hayden Panettier
Nashville Character Name: Juliette Barnes
Given Birth Name:
Birth Date: August 21
Homwtown: Rockland County, NY
Star Sign: Leo
Height: 5' 2" (1.57 m)
Marital Status: Single
First Nashville Episode: Pilot
Photo Section: Visit Here!
Video Section: Visit Here!
Most Notable Role(s): Claire Bennet (Heroes), Lizzie Spaulding (Guiding Light)
Flimography: Click here! to read about her other roles
Website Links: Visit Here!
Merchandise: Visit Here!
Parents: Lesley Vogel, a former soap opera actress; and Alan L. Skip Panettiere, a fire department lieutenant
Siblings: Jansen Panettiere
- Began her acting career at 11 months when she appeared in a commercial for Playskool.
- Has appeared in over 50 commercials.
- 2000: Childstarlets.com's Actress of the Year.
- Parents are: . Coincidentally, Hayden's first rescue on "Heroes" (2006/II) was from a train wreck fire.
- 7/21/98: Soap Opera Magazine's star of the week.
- Appeared on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (1992) on December 30, 1998.
- In "The Guiding Light" (1952), for Hayden's character Lizzie's battle with leukemia, the show received a Special Recognition Award from The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for bringing national awareness of the disease to the attention of daytime viewers.
- As Lizzie Spaulding on "The Guiding Light" (1952), Hayden had to deal with difficult story lines in which she shot and killed her mother's abuser, been kidnapped, gone through both of her parents remarrying, and just recently battled leukemia.
- 2000: Was nominated for a Grammy for Best Spoken Word Album for Children for A Bug's Life (1998) Read-Along.
- Hobbies include singing, dancing, horseback riding, gymnastics, and swimming.
- Her last name was printed wrong in an issue of the "Discovery Girls" magazine where she was considered an "Exceptional Tween".
- Was originally cast to play Sarah Altman in Panic Room (2002) but was later replaced by Kristen Stewart.
- Elder sister of Jansen Panettiere, with whom she co-starred in Tiger Cruise (2004) (TV). She always brought Jansen along, whenever possible, while filming on location.
- She has known Spencer Breslin and Abigail Breslin (her Raising Helen (2004) co-stars) before they could talk.
- Her last name is pronounced "Pan-Uh-Tee-Air-Ee"; the Italian translation is "Baker".
- Had a partnership with United States Postal Inspection Service and the National Center For Missing And Exploited Children in a campaign against online predators, called 2 SMRT 4U.
- Is best friends with Daniella Morris.
- Has two dogs, named Penny Lane and Madison.
- Ex-girlfriend of Milo Ventimiglia. They were together from 2008-2009.
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated her earnings for the year at $2 million.
- She is the second-ever recipient of The Wyler Award (which honors a celebrity who has raised awareness of animal issues) for her on-the-ground work to expose Japan's slaughter of dolphins.
- Voted #5 in FHM 100 Sexiest 2008.
- Voted #6 in FHM 100 Sexiest 2007.
- Ranked #13 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- Ranked #1 on Wizard magazine's "Sexiest Women of TV" list (March 2008).
- Was considered for the role of Ariel Moore in Footloose (2011) along with Miley Cyrus, Julianne Hough and Amanda Bynes.
- Along with other protesters including Isabel Lucas, Hayden Panettiere paddled out on surfboards to a pod of dolphins off the coast of Taiji/Japan to protest the killing of dolphins on Thursday 1st of November 2007. This action is mentioned in the documentary The Cove (2009).
- Was ranked #30 on Maxim magazine's Hot 100 Women of 2010 list.
- Ranked #11 in FHM's "Sexiest Women" list in 2008.
- Ranked #21 in the 2011 FHM list of "100 Sexiest Women in the World".
- Ranked #12 in the 2010 FHM UK list of "100 Sexiest Women in the World".
- Mother Lesley Vogel-Panettiere doubles as her manager.
- Salary for "Heroes" (2006) $2,000,000
- When the camera comes on, I am not Hayden any more, I am Lizzie!
- I hate how people say I'm growing up fast.
- You go on these Internet blogs and people say the meanest things. I'm a normal person. Just because I'm in the spotlight doesn't mean I'm God's gift to the world. I'm learning and making mistakes just like every other 17-year-old girl out there.
- The funny thing is that people see one film like Racing Stripes (2005) or Ice Princess (2005) and all of a sudden, slip me into this category of "that's what she's always involved in" but people don't remember that I did Normal (2003) (TV) with Jessica Lange and Tom Wilkinson for HBO, which was very dramatic. They don't remember that I did Lies My Mother Told Me (2005) (TV) which was the Lifetime film with Joely Richardson and Colm Feore, which was also extremely dramatic. They don't remember that I did Remember the Titans (2000).
- I know it's really gory, and a lot of people's stomachs will probably not like me for it, but that is just awesome, just being able to be bloodied up and have different body parts put on. That's right up my alley. It's so awesome.
- I think at the age I'm at, it's really hard for a film career, and I'm at a point in my life where I thought it would be a good idea to be a part of a good show and to be able to finish school.
- Some people ask me whether I'm a "mama's girl" or a "papa's girl". I'm *nobody's* girl. My brother clings to our parents; I'm the one shoving them out the door.
About the character: Juliette Barnes
Nothing’s come easy to Juliette. With an absentee father and a troubled mother, Juliette basically raised herself. She’s damaged, but driven, and just three years after she left Alabama for Nashville, she’s become the #1 crossover artist in the country, with two sold-out tours and twenty million downloads under her belt.
But Juliette wants more: She’s looking for respect, bigger success and someone to fill that void in her heart. If her past success is any indication, she’ll get all three... just don’t get in her way.
About the actor: Hayden Panettiere
Hayden Panettiere is widely known for her role as cheerleader Claire Bennett in the hit series “Heroes.” On the big screen she was recently seen in Wes Craven’s “Scream 4,” the telefilm “The Amanda Knox Story,” and will soon be seen opposite Alfred Molina, Lauren Bacall and Josh Hutcherson in “The Forger.” She also recently lent her voice to the characters Kate in the 3-D animated film “Alpha and Omega” and Red in the animated “Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil.”
Panettiere began acting at eleven-months old in commercials, appearing in over 50 as a child. At four she began her four-year stint on ABC’s “One Life to Live,” went to CBS’ “Guiding Light” for four more years and then voiced the animated movies “A Bug’s Life” and “Dinosaur.” Panettiere has starred in the films “Remember the Titans,” “The Affair of the Necklace,” “Joe Somebody,” “Raising Helen,” “The Dust Factory,” “Racing Stripes,” “Ice Princess,” “The Architect,” “Bring It On: All or Nothing,” “Fireflies in the Garden” and “I Love You, Beth Cooper.” TV credits include “Law and Order: SVU,” “American Dad,” “Robot Chicken,” “Malcolm in the Middle,” “Ally McBeal,” “Touched by an Angel,” and the TV movies “Tiger Cruise,” “Normal,” “Lies My Mother Told Me” and “If You Believe.”
Her roles have won Panettiere numerous accolades, including the 2008 and 2009 Teen Choice Awards for Choice Actress: Action/Adventure, the 2009 Teen Choice Award for Choice Celebrity Activist, the Breakout Actress Award in 2007 at the Capri Hollywood Film Festival and the Favorite Clipped Dramatic Artist Award for 2007 at the 1st Annual Wave Award.
Panettiere is campaign spokesperson for the Whaleman Foundation, an oceanic research, conservation and production organization dedicated to preserving and protecting dolphins, whales and their ocean habitat. As spokesperson she has traveled to Washington, DC to meet with Congressmen, was invited to the International Whaling Conference in Portugal and was featured in The Cove, a 2010 Oscar-winning documentary exposing the slaughter of dolphins in Japan. For her involvement in animal welfare she received the Genesis Wyler Award from The Humane Society of the United States in 2007 and Variety’s 2011 Power of Youth Award, recognizing young entertainers who have made significant contributions to philanthropic and charitable causes. In 2012 Panettiere participated as a judge for the “Date with History” contest that chose one young visionary to address the U.N. Rio Earth Summit in June 2012. The jury also included Leonardo DiCaprio, members of the band Linkin Park, Don Cheadle, Daryl Hannah and Sergio Marone.
Panettiere’s accomplishments include her ongoing association with Neutrogena. She also designed the popular “Hayden Bag” for Dooney & Bourke handbags and a boot for Stuart Weitzman's Young Hollywood Cares Collection for Ovarian Cancer Research. She currently divides her time between Nashville and LA, and can be followed on Twitter @haydenpanettier.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Add Bio Info
Change Bio Info
Delete Bio Info